- Designs and sketches: Developed a series developed according to the tendencies and tastes of the consumers. Ideas are expressed and visualized through detailed sketches.
- Drawing with tape: With tape, adhesive is drawn with tape the car to life size. This is achieved by visualizing and defining the design, with the correct proportions. It seems a useless step, but thanks to it the basic technical lines are obtained.
- Digital modeling: With the help of computers, the sketches are entered into the computer and generated digitized three-dimensional models. Information obtained from computer models is then used for aerodynamic and real-time analysis.
- A virtual presentation of the design: Thanks to the technology of virtual reality, the designed models are reviewed and the relevant modifications are made.
- Clay modeling at 1: 1 scale: A real-size clay model is produced, using a five-axis digitized machine, which achieves the basic lines of the car. For the details of the body, one uses the expert hands of several sculptors. Have you ever wondered what happens to those models of clay? Then, click here for more details.Engineering processes:
- Frame and body design: To produce a complete car with good features in safety, comfort, performance and economy, the frame is designed with its image, impact resistance, aerodynamics, and fuel economy in mind.
- Chassis Design: The chassis is a frame assembly, suspension, steering, engine, transmission, cooling, exhaust, brakes and other components. Designing the chassis is essentially building a car that can be moved.
- Functional design: To provide the best environment of comfort and safety for driver and passengers, the passenger compartment is designed.
There are no less than eleven types of tests that begin with seven performed in a laboratory:
- Wind tunnel testing: Aerodynamic analysis evaluates vehicle performance, downforce, noise, and stability.
- Temperature tests: Weather conditions are recreated with temperatures between minus 40 ° and above 60 ° to test the durability of the car.
- Inclement weather tests: Blizzards and water pipes are recreated to test vehicles in extreme conditions.
- Rolling simulator: Performance and durability tests are analyzed on the hardest and most violent surfaces.
- Impact tests: Behavior is studied against an impact of the vehicle structure and valuable information is obtained from sensors, dummies (dummies of similar characteristics to humans) and images.
- Dust tightness tests: Insulation is checked and a dusty environment is recreated artificially to see that it does not enter the passenger compartment.
- Water tightness test: It is similar rain and extreme wind to check the air tightness of the passenger compartment.
Circuit and road tests:
- The testing behavior of tires in spin and skid: Braking is tested and make turns of different radius.
- Low-adhesion surface tests: The adhesion of the vehicle is observed on surfaces with low adhesion such as rain, snow or ice.
- Tests on “Belgian road”: Behavior tests on different irregular surfaces, including paved with pavers.