Investing in a second hand car can be a wise move, but as with anything, it’s important to choose wisely. So just how can you choose second hand cars in Inverness that fit the bill? Here are a few pointers to get you started:
• Decide on a budget and the kind of car you actually want. This will always depend on your individual circumstances, taking into account things like your initial budget, the number of passengers you’ll be carrying and long-term running costs, and once decided you can start searching.
• Thoroughly inspect the vehicle. Any second hand car needs to undergo a thorough inspection before you can drive it away, and make sure to check everything from the engine and bodywork (looking for rust, mismatched panels etc.) to the internal features and fittings.
• Check the paperwork. All documents need to be fully accounted for and checked carefully, and in-line with that you’ll want to make sure the vehicle hasn’t been stolen, written off or is subject to outstanding finance agreements.
• Take it for a test drive. Getting a test drive is one of the best things you can do, making sure it handles well and that there aren’t any faults that come to light.
• Choose a reputable dealer. Finding the right Inverness car dealers is perhaps the most important consideration of all—a dealer will be able to offer guarantees and warranties that a private seller can’t, and if you choose a reputable company you can’t go wrong.
These are just a few points to remember when searching for used cars, and if you bear them in mind you’ll soon be driving away in a vehicle that performs.