Roadworthy certificate is necessary for your car because this is a fitness certificate of your car which is generally issued by the authorized automobile centre. According to the state regulatory and road safety norms, you cannot drive a damaged car on road because it is dangerous for you and it can also affect other cars and public property also. So you need to avail the roadworthy certificate from the authorized centre and you should produce this certificate to the traffic police if required. Apart from that, if you intend to resell your car then also you need to produce the roadworthy certificate to the buyer, and this certificate is mandatory for the name transfer of your car.Through this certificate, the buyer will understand the previous problems of your car and this certificate will assure them that your car is now fit to be driven on road.
How could you avail the Roadworthy Certificate?
Obtaining a road worthy certificate is a simple process, as these are issued by license mechanics, and usually a vehicle is taken for inspection and there the car driver needs to clear and complete the application for certification of roadworthiness and that to have provision of the same. Proper vehicular inspections should be done.
Why Roadworthy Certificate is essential for your Car?
- Owning the car– When you purchase a resale car, you should make sure that you should transfer that car on your name as early as possible. As a valid roadway certificate is required to become an official car owner.
- Register your vehicle– it is the foremost and important step to drive your car officially on road and it is impossible to register a car that does not carry roadworthy certificate. And you should always ensure that you carry one while registering your vehicle at the nearest transport office.
- Safety concern– Roadworthy certificate ensures that your vehicle is safe and is in a good condition that is safe enough to be on road. As safety is the most important feature, and this certification ensures that your vehicle has passes all safety parameters. And also, a licensed mechanic assigned as a technician to approve your car ensures that your vehicle is 100% safe.
Benefits of Roadworthy Certificate:
Roadworthy standards are set by various local governments in various countries to determine the quality of the vehicle and considering it safe to be driven on road. To pass this certification, the vehicle is expected to be in good condition in a way that the driver feels safe to drive the vehicle.
- The strength of the vehicle should be strong, as it should feel no threat from other vehicles. Certification ensures that the essential parts of your vehicle are in good condition, for example: – tyres, if your tyres are worn out, your vehicle can skid, posing threat to other vehicles.
- Certification ensures that there is no oil or fluid leak inside your vehicle, and other components of your vehicle including lights and horn, brake oil and brake performance, its suspension integrity and taking into consideration the suspension integrity of the vehicle including the secure fittings of the vehicle and considering if there are no illegal modifications.
- Roadworthy certificate will be issued within one week after inspection of your car because the mechanics will check all necessary spare parts of your car and then they will issue this certificate. If you fail to obtain the certificate, then you can apply for the same after the stipulated timeframe.
These are the main accounts that you should be able to spot yourself and an extensive checklist which measures as to how worthy is to drive the car and you can consult your car mechanic if you want to have some additional inputs.
About the Writer
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Twitter as @aussiesmag.